Christmas Countdown

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Juliet's wedding cake

This wedding cake was made for my sister and I got to make whatever I wanted.  It was so fun to try and figure out what to do.  Her favorite color is yellow, so right away I wanted the cake to be yellow.  I don't know how long this was after I'd taken lesson but I liked the way the piped roses looked, so weeks before the wedding I started making roses ... 3 different sizes and it took a while.  I also made some drop flowers, those are the little flowers at the top of the tiers.


Since I got to design this cake I had to figure out what to put at the top, I found this butterfly and decided to make it.  I made enough wings for 4 butterflies, they were extremely fragile and I was glad I made extras, 2 went on the top of the cake on a mound of roses, I quite like them.


Here's a side view ... aren't they pretty



No comments:

Post a Comment